Canon PIXMA iP2200 Printer Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA iP2200|
The print speed of this Canon Pixma iP2200 is reasonable and reliable. for printing the borderless photo (4 x 6 inches), it need approximately 55 seconds. then, for printing a photo with size 8 x 10 inches, it takes at about 103 seconds. The maximum speed of black text is up to 22 ppm and the color one is 17 ppm. However, the configuration, software, interface, print mode and other factors can influence the speed of printing.
Canon PIXMA iP2200 Ink Cartridges- The high quality of printing is also supported by the high resolution where its maximum resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi. it also uses FINE Cartridge with 2pl ink size droplet. the ink capacity for black text is up to 490 sheets (PG-40), for color charts, it can reach 760 sheets (PG-40) and 190 sheets (CL-41). while for photo chart, its maximum is 100 sheets (CL-41).
The paper sizes that are compatible with this printer are A4, legal, letter, A5, envelopes, B5, credit card, and else. Then, for the type of paper includes plain paper, high-gloss photo paper, photo sticker, High-resolution photo paper, envelopes, and other.
This Canon Pixma iP2200 with the dimension 435 x 253 x 165 mm is compatible with windows and Mac operating system. it is shipped with the software and driver to make it easy to use. The interface that is available is just USB without other adding features. Last, the power consumption of this printer is quite low, it consumes 10W when printing and 0.5W when off.
Canon PIXMA iP2200 Ink Cartridge Configuration:
- FINE Cartridge - PG-40 & CL-41 (Optional high yield PG-50 & CL-51)
- Black Ink Tank Life: PG-40: 195 pages at 5% coverage ¹
- PG-40: 760 pages (Printing ISO/JIS-SCID N5) ²
- Colour Ink Tank Life: CL-41: 155 pages at 5% coverage ¹
- CL-41: 190 pages (Printing ISO/JIS-SCID N5) ¹
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows: PC with Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows 98, USB interface , CD-ROM Drive. Free hard disk space: 370 MB for Windows XP/2000 and Windows Me/98.
- Mac: Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.2.1 or later, USB interface. Free hard disk space: 350 MB for Mac OS X v10.2.1 or later.
- Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro (PR-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101), Photo Paper Plus Double Sided (PP-101D), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-101), Glossy Photo Paper (GP-401), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), Transparency (CF-102), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101), Super White Paper (SW-201)
Relax! Here Are The Steps of How to install Canon PIXMA iP2200 Printer For All Devices
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP2200 Printer For Windows
A. Automatic installation
Your job is nearly done, if your canon printer driver for windows is a Plug and Play device. Because you can just connect it and then wait for it. The Windows System will install all what it needs automatically. Some printers require you to install the software before you can completely connect them, although most printers can be immediately connected on to your computer.
B. Manually installation
You can follow these steps if you need to install the Canon PIXMA iP2200 printer driver for windows manually:
- First, choose Start? then click Control Panel? look for Printer? click Add a Printer.
- Add Printer Wizard? click the Add a Local Printer option? it will appear in the Add Printer Wizard.
- Select the specific port for the Windows system, to use for the printer? then click Next? Click the down arrow on the box of “Use an Existing Port Field”? select the necessary port, if you already know that you need to use a specific port. But if you aren’t sure, you can just use the recommended port setting that Windows that selects for you? select a Printer Port dialog box.
- Then in the next wizard window? choose your printer’s manufacturer? choose a printer? click Next? if you already have the manufacturer’s disc? insert it in the appropriate CD drive? click “Have Disk” button? Click the “Windows Update” button to see a list of printer drivers that you can download yourself from the Microsoft’s website, if you don’t have the manufacturer’s disc.
- Enter a printer name ? then click Next? clear the option of “Make This My Default Printer”, if you don’t want this to be your default printer.
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP2200 Printer For Mac
A. Connect a USB printer to your Mac
All you have to do is update your software for most USB printers, and then connect the printer to your Mac. OS X automatically detects the printer if necessary. For other printers like Canon, you may have to complete a few steps to add the Canon printer driver for Mac.
- Choose Apple menu to update your software? App Store? click Updates? install any software updates listed.
- Use the instructions and prepare your printer? install toner or ink? add paper? make sure it’s not displaying any errors? turn on the printer.
- Connect the USB cable to your Mac? make sure to download and install the new software.
- Complete the Add Printer Wizard? click Finish? get an additional dialog box, right in the wizard, after you name the printer, if your computer is on a network? select the “Share Name” option? enter a printer name, if you want to share the printer on your network? or you have to select the “Do Not Share This Printer” option, to stop others from using the printer.
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP2200 Printer For Linux
Nowadays Canon PIXMA printer is easily installable in Linux Mint or Ubuntu. The following step-by-step project is only for Canon Pixma printer for Linux user.
- Connect your printer to computer by a USB cable? turn on your own printer.
- Add a scanner or printer to the system ? launch the application Printers? Use the search box in menu, because it can present by default in all editions of Linux Mint and Ubuntu? click Add with the + sign? follow the steps below, it will offers you the application Printers? but if this is fails, maybe because your printer device is too new for database in the version of your Ubuntu or Linux Mint, then you can proceed with step 3.
- Download the driver for PIXMA printer? Download at this point, only when the driver for your printer part of your multifunctional, when you have a multifunctional printer that’s also contains a scanner.
- Launch a terminal window.
- Go to the folder Downloads? launch your File Manager? find another folder with a long name, that starts with “cnijfilter” ? open that folder ? click through to its all subfolder packages.
- It differs for 32-bit and 64-bit? check whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Reboot your computer system ? your printer should be able to print now? add the system of the application Printers? only the printer part works? but for the multifunctional printers with a scanner, you can also enabling the scanner as well? continue with step 8.
- Go to the Canon website ? for multifunctional PIXMA printer that also contains a scanner? download the driver for scanner part ? select the driver package.
- Launch a terminal window.
- Go to the folder Downloads? launch File Manager? find another folder with a long name, which starts with “scangearmp” ? open that folder? click through to its subfolder packages.
- It differs for 32-bit and 64-bit ? check whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit? double-click first “scangearmp-common” ? for 32-bit? select the i386.deb? but, for 64-bit? select the amd64.deb? double-click the package “scangearmp” with name of your printer series ? for 32-bit select the one whose name ends on i386.deb ? for 64-bit select the one whose name ends on amd64.deb? now, you're ready, because the Canon printer driver free download should work now, including the scanner part.
How to Setup Wireless Canon PIXMA iP2200 Printer
Here are the steps:
Make sure the printer is turned on? Hold and press the “Wi-Fi” button of “MASTER” Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection Wifi ? until alarm lamp flashes once.
Go to the access point? press the “WPS” button within 2 minutes ? after make sure that the lamp next to that button starts to flash blue? refer to its user guide for exact details on starting WPS on your access point? the Wi-Fi lamp will flash blue on the printer? it will continue ?ashing while searching? the power of Wi-Fi lamp will flash when connecting to access point? Wi-Fi lamp and the power will stop flashing and remain lit, when the printer has made a connection to your wireless network successfully.
For confirm that the printer is connected to your wireless network? print out the network settings of the printer if you wish like the instruction below:
1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
2. Load a sheet of the letter-sized or A4 plain paper.
3. Hold and press? “Resume or Cancel of MASTER Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection Setup Page ? on the stop button? it will turn on the alarm lamp of MASTER Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab ? with 1 or 2 flashes in 15 times? release it? the network information page will also be printed? check that the Connection indicates Active? the SSID (Service Set Identifier) will indicates the correct name of your own wireless network of course. That’s all about How to install Canon printer for all devices.
Canon PIXMA iP2200 Driver Download - Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon Pixma iP2200 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)
Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5
Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module
Windows 7/Vista (32 x64-bit)
My Printer Windows
10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Easy-PhotoPrint EX Windows
10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Canon Print Filter for Linux (32-bit)
Easy-LayoutPrint For Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32 x64-bit)
Printer User Guide for Windows users
PIXMA iP1200 / iP1600 / iP2200 - Quick Start Guide